Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy birthday, daddy!


I hope you don't think I've been neglecting this blog. The truth is, I think about posting things every single day. I haven't taken many pictures with my pretty camera (that's what I call it... the poor iPhone is just an iPhone, ha!) and so I haven't been posting as many pictures or stories to go along with them. 

My dad and I discussed last night how he was turning 25 1/2 today ;) and the ways we would celebrate. He tried to throw the whole  I don't want anything, I just want to have coffee with you on the actual day and have dinner on Saturday when Trey's here thing at me. If you know me at all, you know I love celebrating people's birthdays. I love that I get another year with the birthday person! I especially love that I get another year with my daddy. I love that he's still my hero and he's still the voice of reason in the back of my head. He will forever be my greatest supporter (yes, aside from my husband) and will always be my best friend. He and my momma (and yes, Trey.. goes without saying) will always be the people I look up to. The strongest. The smartest. The bravest. The most selfless. The kindest. I have so much to look up to and some giant 'parent' shoes to fill when that day comes. They have each shown me so much great life and I am so thankful to and for them. 

Today my daddy gets to celebrate another birthday. And while he doesn't look a day over 25 1/2 as previously discussed he is filled with so much wisdom and knowledge (geez, what are they feeding you 25 1/2 year olds these days?! I want some of whatever that is!!) and I am incredibly thankful for more years and years to come. 

Happy birthday, daddy! I love you to every star and back times a million. Blessings this year and every year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment