Monday, February 9, 2015

Salad for lunch (Incorporating Kale Part II)

Hello, everyone. 
A few years ago, I learned about a pretty green veggie called kale. I admit I had never heard of it and it took me about 6 months before I even wanted to try it out. I thought the texture was a bit weird and since I was so used to spinach leaves, I opted out of trying it. When 2014 rolled around, I told myself I would at least try it before turning it down. I tried it once and decided it wasn't too bad! But still.. I didn't feel I liked it enough to make it a 'go-to' veggie that I would consistently add to my grocery list. 

Now, in 2015, I find myself buying it more than any other vegetable. Instead of spinach leaves, as mentioned in my last post, I use kale as a base for my salads. I think it's one of those really good-for-you veggies that just gets overlooked.   But I guess I have always been one who roots for the underdog ;) Glad I can bring a part two to incorporating kale this year. 

Salad:
kale
smoked turkey slice
pepper jack cheese
hard boiled egg
pickle
raspberry vinaigrette dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment