Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving came out of nowhere.

PEOPLE. 
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and while I'm about to list all of the things I'm most thankful for, I have to say I totally missed the Thanksgiving decor. Where in the world did it go? I'll safely assume it all, every bit went to Fall lovers' homes. Up pretty on a mantle or hanging on the wall or draped over some beautiful buffet. I hope you guys have it all because I think I bought about 3 pretty pumpkins and Bev brought home a pretty handmade centerpiece for the kitchen table. That be about it, y'all. 

Christmas is always first and foremost on my holiday thought train but to be fair, here are my 5 things I'm most thankful for:

1. My husband. The whole reason my heart is healthy and weak, all at the same time.
I feel like it's understood you all know I'm always thankful for my parents/sister/niece whom I adore.
2. Kindness. Where would I be without others' kindness shown to me. It's enough to make my heart swell with happiness to have such thoughtful and kind people in my life. 
3. This blog of mine. It's been a joyful out for me. I used to write things down here and there and now I have the opportunity to share each thought with you all. Thank you, blog world! 
4. My freedom. I was sitting thanking God for the free time I get after work. My freedom to pray to my Jesus, freedom to run to the store and grab little things I need around the house and the freedom to think the way I want. I'm allowed to have opinions and allowed to speak them because of my freedom. Thank you again to the men and women who fight daily to give me that opportunity. So thankful for you. 
5. The little things in life that make me get through each day I probably shouldn't name them so that I don't seem like a crazed woman hooked on silly, small things but.. 

[x] lipstick
[x] watercolor paintings
[x] new pots & pans
[x] using a sketchbook for a journal
[x] new sweaters to keep me warm
[x] jewelry, forever
[x] perfume - Marc Jacobs daisy even though it's Fall
[x] music, more specifically, Taylor Swift's 1989
[x] Grey's Anatomy
[x] gym time 

I feel like I could go on and on. I'm thankful that Trey let's me buy furniture and does things like help me build a kitchen table when I can't find the one I really like. I am so so blessed. I have such good things in my life and I sincerely try every single day to not take them for granted or take advantage of amazing opportunities that are presented to me. Thank you, Jesus. I'm most thankful for you because you've made my life something to look forward to every single day and I wake up every day thinking how I couldn't do this without you. You're beautiful to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment