Monday, August 26, 2013

The first of many.

Happy Monday!

I was so excited to tell you all about these pancakes I found here, but when I looked back at my camera roll.. I found I only snapped a few pictures. Oops. :| I've also learned I have a tendency to do that -- get overly excited about sharing something that I totally forget to take the pictures to actually share. Sigh. You're probably learning that about me.

I also wanted to point out before I'm showing the pictures that my puffed pancakes look nothing like Naomi & Josh's and I was almost slightly embarrassed to even share the pictures.. but nevertheless Trey & I thought they tasted wonderful. We wanted to share this recipe because it's simple and yummy and very fun to make (aka fun to watch rise and then sort of deflate after pulling them out of the oven).



I know you can simply pull up Taza's site and look at the recipe yourself but I will be happy to post it here.

Naomi & Josh's Puffed Pancakes:

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
dash of salt
dash of cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
preheat oven to 425 degrees
-- whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt & cinnamon in a bowl.
-- while the oven preheats, melt the butter in a pie pan or 9" square pan.
-- pour the batter into the hot melted buttered pan
-- bake 10-12 minutes or until firm/edges are puffed 

The pancake won't be as big once out of the oven. 
Serve with powdered sugar (like we did), syrup or fresh fruit. 

Hope you enjoy these as much as I did.
Thanks Taza!
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment