Sunday, June 26, 2016

Food + anniversary + beach.

Happy Sunday, all!
This post is going to be food filled (I'm kind of thinking that's usually what the blog is about) because I just couldn't get over the few places we've been in the last few months that kind of had me wishing I had both places in daily reach. This is the slight downside of living in an incredibly small town where you're, to your disadvantage, a couple of miles away from things like McDonalds and Taco Bell.

Abi-Haus is one of my favorite little downtown places to eat. A friend took me a few years ago and even though it was my one experience, it made a huge impact. I know, you're thinking 'Does food really make that big of an impact on your everyday life?' The answer is yes, yes it does. 

Anyhow, I always told Trey I would take him for a brunch or a long-lasting dinner soon but we never really got around to it (busy schedules and all). He tried to take me for my birthday last year but I was really sick and I just didn't want the place to get ruined because I knew I wouldn't be able to enjoy it. I have that in my head - if I'm sick, I somehow won't get the full affect. I know that sounds a bit ridiculous but that's how I feel. That being said, we finally got the chance last month and Trey mm'd and ahhhh'd over a burger and fries. I had just about the best lemonade I've ever had in my entire life and that evening we chatted over our happy lives and I felt so full to the brim with all things good by the time we left. It was such a great date. 
Our anniversary was last weekend and we trekked our way to Fort Worth for the day, all that way to enjoy Thirteen Pies - which ranks 1st in our pizza loving lives (you should know Grimaldi's takes close 2nd and California Pizza Kitchen at 3rd). We enjoyed each other so much. The day was filled with coffees, walking around, smoothies, good music and finally this ^ heaven sent pizza. Five years with Trey feels so perfect. We've grown so much together and I'm so incredibly happy in the place we're in. 

beach 

I felt the need to put that in bold. Last summer we went to Florida to relax on the beach and next month we're getting the chance again but only on a Texas beach. We're so excited to have a few days to close our eyes and listen to the waters. I've been busy looking online for swimwear, beachwear, yummy places to eat and doing my best to find all of the old school road jams we can't get enough of. I'm so looking forward to this time away from work and the mundane of everyday for some serenity and major relaxation. 

I hope your week is fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment