Monday, August 19, 2013

A case of the Monday's.

Last week, I had a case of the Monday's.. except mine lasted every single day of the week.
Sunday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Saturday. I tried not to complain -- but everyday I woke up and it felt like a Monday all over again. 

yuck. 

So, I did the only logical thing to do. I cried. Maybe once.. or it might've been twice. And when I got everything off of my chest to God and Trey. Guess what? Eventually, I felt better. I had the whole "who-am-i-what-am-i-contributing-to-this-world" meltdown that us women rarely (always) get. Or is that just me? Possibly just me, I'm sure. Out of the whole experience I was reminded that I just have to be the best version of me that I can. So what if I look silly? So what if I get embarrassed often? Bite my nails. Touch my earlobes when I'm nervous. Stutter over sentences. Blink a lot when I'm confused. Bite my bottom lip and scrunch my eyebrows when I'm trying to think things through. Sometimes need a coke. And drink way too much coffee. So what? 

I, you, we -- are allowed to be these things. Why you ask.. Because. 
Simply because. 
And if anyone tells you differently, then ask them to walk a mile in your shoes. 
They can't do it -- not quite like you can.
So there, you have it. 

Eventually your days will turn back to:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
It takes some of us longer than others.
So, what? 

Photo credit: Tom's Shoes -- facebook page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment