Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mixing by hand.

I'll gladly say on this supposed "Wordless Wednesday" that I'm so thankful for mixers.

In the past, I have ever so happily mixed cake batter, icing, dips, toppings, etc. etc. However (insert unhappy face here) my mixer has decided to throw in the towel and call it a day -- aka forever because it's truly broken. There's no fixing it either. 

So lo and behold the cake batter I mixed by hand 

Credit goes to Pam Polaski -- and Logan. You both saved my baking life with the red coloring. 

This wasn't NEAR as horrible as mixing the cream cheese icing -- which took me 45 minutes to mix.. Heaven only knows why because let it be on blog record RIGHT HERE that I followed directions and took those two sticks of butter and 2 packages of cream cheese out beforehand to be 'room temperature'. 

I'm sighing about this whole situation, even two whole days later. 

I will never forget my first experience making red velvet cupcakes. And the worst part of it all? "I've been sick for two days" -- said the girl who didn't (and hasn't) even gotten to try her own cupcakes. 

:|

No comments:

Post a Comment