Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Oatmeal & too many sick days.


Hello everyone. 

Let me start by saying I really thought 2014 was going to be my healthiest year yet. I don't just mean by going to the gym or eating clean -- I mean I really thought I would take care of myself enough to be sick less. To make less trips to the clinic and pharmacy. Until yesterday I had been sick two other times this year: once at a wedding and once a few weeks ago (cursed stomach bug).

Guess where I am today? 

You guessed it. Home. 
That's right. 

And while I can't complain because I'm cozied up on our red love seat with my favorite blanket.. I'm a little anxious. Trey graduates in four days.. FOUR.. And I have a ton of decorations to make, pictures to scan and, oh, um lots of work at my actual job to do. 

I hate being sick! I hate sore throats.I hate earaches. I have an incredible hate for nausea. Supposedly they're all quite fond of me, though. In honor of being sick I wanted to post a fast, easy breakfast I made that helped settle my stomach. Yesterday when I tried to take medicine at work without eating first, I made myself more miserable. 
Guys: on an empty stomach, I may as well be considered useless. 
It made my work morning awful. 
Then, to make matters worse, after I had gone home and let everything settle -- I made the same mistake twice! I took some more medicine on an empty stomach and bam.. Sick again! 

I'm here on day two of being sick to tell you I have learned my lesson! So I googled creative ways to dress up oatmeal (hello, clean foods even while sick) and came across Anjali at The Picky Eater to which I totally love. I read her ways of making oatmeal different each time so you don't get bored and I loved it. 

Here's what I did today: 

1/2 cup oats 
3/4 cup water 
4-5 strawberry slices 
Pecans chopped (optional) 
Milk (however much depending on your preference of consistency) 
1 tsp honey 

Enjoy & say a prayer for me if you want ;)
Happy Tuesday, friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment