Thursday, July 11, 2013

At the risk of sounding silly.

I work at an air conditioning and heating company and we get many phone calls daily.
Maybe once or twice a week we will get these very far-fetched calls. When I first started working here, I would get so confused when people would call from Virginia, Florida, New York, Georgia -- and other random states.
They would ask for a certain unit to be serviced in their home. Great! That's good because we obviously do that kind of work. The problem with that is.. we don't sell these kinds of units.. it's just the name of our company. People often get this confused and I'm confused right along with them. But each time we get off of the phone (after much explanation and confusion on both ends of the phone) I realize something that I love about those random phone calls.



I love the voices on the other end of the line. I'm from Texas and I will always love the southern accents surrounding me.. but there's something about getting to hear someone else's accent during my week. I enjoy that.

Possibly because I enjoy people.
All people.

So.. if you're one of those people needing something serviced and you've accidentally called another state looking for help -- I feel for you.
And at the risk of sounding silly, I'd also love for you to call my work on accident.

:)

Have a wonderful day.
Especially all you southern accented people.

No comments:

Post a Comment